We really don’t like the vinegary shop bought sludge that passes itself off as horseradish sauce, and this is our version made to our taste. We have grown our own and in the rain today we dug out a small chump of root and removed the leaves.
A small chump of root
Two small splashes of white wine vinegar
dash of salt
sprinkle of white pepper
1/4 tsp mustard (English or Dijon)
75ml of sour cream
Once you have your cleaned and peeled root:
1) Take a potato peeler to the outside and get rid of the rough outer layer.
2) Grate reasonably finely and place in bowl
3) Pour in a couple of splashes of white wine vinegar
3) Spoon in the sour cream and stir
4) Add salt and pepper to taste
5) Stir in the mustard
6) Cover and leave for two hours in the fridge